Thank you for your inquiry regarding the 7th Annual Jones Cup Junior Invitational. We are looking forward to another exceptional event and are confident this year's event will be filled with great competition, camaraderie and enjoyment.
* Top 30 and ties from the 2015 Jones Cup Junior Invitational
* Top 5 or Semi-finalists from the 2015 US Junior Match Play, Western Junior, Junior Invitational at Sage Valley and AJGA Invitational's (HP Boys, Thunderbird, FJ Invitational, Rolex T of C, Jr. Players, PING Invitational and the 2014 Polo Golf Junior)
* Members of the 2016 Wyndham Cup Teams (formally the "Canon Cup")
* Winners of the 2016, Scott Robertson, Hudson Junior, Southern Junior, Bubba Conlee, Junior World, Trusted Choice "Big I", Junior PGA Championship, Bobby Chapman, North-South Junior, Press Thornton Future Masters, Optimist International and the 2016 Junior Orange Bowl Invitational Championship, DL3 Invitational at Sea Island.
* Top 75 players in the AJGA Polo Rankings as of 9/15/16
* Top 50 players in the Junior Golf Scoreboard Rankings as of 9/15/16
* 2016 U.S. AM Match Play
To apply for the event under exempt status and/or submit your resume for consideration, please use the Registration tab on the Home page.
The 2016 Jones Cup Junior Invitational will host an 18-hole qualifier on Saturday, November 5, 2016 at the Sea Island Retreat Golf Club for eligible participants. A minimum of 3 qualifying spots to participate in the 2016 event will be awarded. In addition, 3 alternates will be determined to fill any potential vacancies in the 78-player field. Ties for the final qualifying spot or any alternate place will be broken by a "hole-by-hole" sudden death playoff immediately following the completion of play. In the event the qualifier cannot be completed on Saturday, November 6th, 2016, we have scheduled a rain date for Sunday, November 8th. The qualifier will be limited to 84 players.
Eligibility - The Jones Cup Junior Invitational Qualifier is available for male amateur golfers who are no older than 18 as of December 20th, 2016 and are not enrolled full time at a university. Entries must be approved by a parent or guardian, and are subject to approval or rejection by the Jones Cup Junior Invitational committee at any time, including after the start of play.
Qualifer: November 5, 2016
Tournament: December 18-20, 2016
Inn Rooms: $149.00 + tax (no resort fee)
Lodge & Cloister Rooms: $275.00
Two nights deposit required per reservations. 7 day cancellation.
To book accommodations call reservations at 1-888-643-6533.
McKinnon airport is located on Saint Simons Island and is reserved for private flights.
Brunswick Airport (BQK) is located roughly 20 miles from Sea Island Golf Club; daily flights from Atlanta arrive morning and night.
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) supports most major airlines and is located 72 miles south of Sea Island Golf Club.
Savannah International Airport (SAV) also supports most major airlines. It is located 85 miles north of Sea Island Golf Club.
Tournament Dinner and Reception
The Jones Cup Junior Invitational will host a reception on Sunday evening at the Cloister Ballroom.
Caddies for the Jones Cup Junior Invitational will be prohibited. Players will be responsible for carrying their own golf bags during both practice and tournament rounds. Pull carts or trolleys are not allowed.